What Does Affirmation Mean? Definition And Examples

Discover what affirmations mean and how we can use them to our advantage. If you are wondering, you are in the right place to find out all the answers. Well, let's go! 

Definition of affirmations

Affirmations are words that confirm what we believe to be the truth. 

what does affirmation meanAffirmations are words that confirm our reality, fears, and desires in the past, present and future. In those words, we boldly support our beliefs and declare our truth or what we want our truth to be in the future.

Affirmations are words that confirm something we believe in, what we fear, what we want or do not want to happen to us. 

Everything we say is affirmations or claims that something is true. They can be positive or negative. If we want to have a nice and comfortable life, we will use positive affirmations. We need to start saying nice words for our subconscious to accept them.

Start actively using positive attitudes to change your life. Over time, you will become convinced of the truth of these claims. When we want to change the area of our lives we turn to affirmations, use them daily, and be able to engage them in actively changing our lives.

Why do we need affirmations to change?


If we are in a negative mood, the only way to start thinking positively is to start reading positive statements or words that will slowly make us believe the truth of those statements. To truly change our life for the better, we need to start thinking more positively about ourselves and our lives.

How do we do this? By giving ourselves enough time to change and persistently repeating the words we want to become our new truth. We need to believe in the truth of what we are saying for our subconscious to accept it. If we do not believe it, our subconscious will not accept it.

If our subconscious does not accept, this change will not happen and our life will remain as it has been before. That is why it is very necessary to speak words that we can trust. We need to repeat words that make us feel good.


What does it mean to confirm something?


When we affirm something, it means the truth to us and it has great meaning to us. When we affirm something, we do so with emotion and bring our feelings through words. When we think something is true, we fight for it, we feel it and accept it as the truth. No matter if others think the opposite. We are ready to fight for our truth.

When we believe we are right we feel it about with the whole being. To confirm something is to let others know that we are right and that it is our truth. To confirm something means that with our whole being we believe in the truth of that claim.

What are some examples of affirmations?

Examples of affirmations are:
  • I'm sick.
  • I'm sad.
  • I'm happy.
  • Everything is going in a great direction.
  • I feel great.
  • It's a beautiful day.
These are examples of affirmations we speak daily that can be positive or negative. These words are thoughts in our minds daily regardless of whether we are aware of them or not. Everything we repeat in ourselves or out loud is called affirmations.

These are our affirmations that something is true for us. Depending on our mood we speak positively or negatively. Our emotions transform into words, and in this way, we express and transmit what we feel in ourselves.

Over a long period, we create our attitude, and through positive or negative words we create new beliefs about ourselves and others. As we change our beliefs, so do our behaviors, and with behavior, we change our habits.

Our behavior further affects the actions we take. It all started with the words we speak every day. Do you see how important words are in our lives? We create our lives and shape them through our vision of ourselves and the people around us. Everything moves first from ourselves.

Every thought of ours is transformed into the energy we feel, and that energy gives us the feelings we continue to feel, and with that energy thoughts and feelings create an experience around us.

That is why it is very important to speak beautiful words that create a pleasant and good mood for us, thus creating a beautiful and comfortable future.

Affirmations list

    Affirmations examples
  • It will be a good day.
  • I look forward to tomorrow.
  • I'm doing well at work.
  • I am happy with the life I live.
  • I am satisfied at work the pay is excellent.
  • I'm healthy I'm happy I have everything.
  • It's a beautiful day and I know everything will be fine.
  • I love that everything goes my way.
  • It's a beautiful sunny day just outside for a walk.
  • I love my life, I feel good things await me in the future.
  • I work hard for my well-being and feel that my life is changing for the better.
  • I feel great changes in my life for the better.
  • I believe everything will go in the right direction.
  • I believe in myself and my capabilities.
  • I feel full of confidence and faith in myself.
  • I feel that everything will be how I want it.
  • I see progress in my life for the better.
  • People love me and I love them.
  • People love me and respect me.
  • I feel I can be anything I want.
  • I feel good things will come true for me.
  • I believe I'm on the right track to my goal.
  • I believe that the more I work on myself, the better my life will be.
  • I believe I will have a beautiful future.
  • I believe that success in the future awaits me.
  • I know what's good for me and I'm working on my success.
  • Everything will be the way I want it to be.
  • If I am more positive it will happen to me more positive things in life.
  • I know I'm on the right track to my goal.
  • I know I can accomplish anything I wish
  • Every day is better than the previous one.
  • I go slowly but surely to happiness and a beautiful future.
  • It is so good to live this wonderful life.
  • I am happy to be alive and well.
  • I know that everything I do, I do for my future.
  • I look forward to future success.
  • I love that I have more and more reasons to be happy.
  • I know I'm going in the right direction.

Positive Words and Statements and Creating the Future


Affirmations are positive words that give us a good mood and feel great when spoken.

It is always better to say a good word than a bad one because good words can give us a great mood. 

Good words inspire us with happiness and good humor.
The best we can do for ourselves is to speak positive words.

Affirmations for positivity are positive words that give us emotional support and with these positive words, we create a better image of ourselves.

These statements give us a sense of worth, self-esteem, more love for ourselves and others, and to value ourselves more.

These words serve to stop sabotaging ourselves and to stop thinking negatively about ourselves and our actions.

They also serve us to begin to accept and become aware of our good points in life.

Affirmations can change our lives because we respond to them in the present moment and because of the positive words we begin to feel better and leave a negative mood behind in the past.

With positive words, we begin slowly accepting that we can live in a better way and that there are many beautiful things ahead for us that we have the opportunity to accomplish.

If we accept positive words, our life begins to change at that moment and we begin to look at ourselves as successful people who have the opportunity to realize their dreams, and with great confidence, we begin to look at ourselves and slowly move towards our goals.

Positive words mean a lot to our lives because they point us in the right direction from which we can realize our dreams.

Every word we say is an affirmation


Affirmations are words that confirm what we want to believe or what we currently believe.

To change our negative beliefs, we can start with positive sentences.

Affirmations train our subconscious to accept our beliefs that we want to achieve. By persistent repetition, we reprogram our subconscious.


If we feel good about repeating affirmations, our subconscious slowly accepts them. By continuous repetition with faith and desire, we can overcome the strongest resistance.


Practicing a Positive Attitude and Success


Practicing a positive attitude, we strengthen our faith in ourselves, strengthen our confidence and self-empowerment. Inspirational sentences can release stress from the body and mind. 

Everything we say to ourselves every day greatly affects how we feel. Through reprogramming the subconscious, we also change our experience of reality.

Affirmations are one of the most powerful benefits and most useful tools we can change our lives. Good words will help us in difficult times and point us in a positive direction.

If we want to see ourselves as successful people we have to experience ourselves. We need to convince our subconscious of the truth of the claims we make. We need to confirm daily the fact that we are successful and we are moving towards a better life.

We must convince ourselves daily that we are the new people we want to become, and we must truly believe what we are saying for our subconscious to accept it.

Positive statements help us to overcome all the obstacles that plague us and which we are overcome on the path to the desired goal and the success we want to experience. We are wonderful people who deserve a wonderful life and know that if you work hard on yourself you can experience it.


Success, confidence and positive statements

Our success depends on our confidence and our faith in ourselves. The more we have faith in ourselves, the more opportunities we have to live a better life because we will accept the tasks that are needed along the path to the goal we want to experience.

If we see ourselves as a successful person, we will easily accept the tasks that are put before us because we will have greater confidence in ourselves that we can cope with the given tasks.

With positive sentences, we are working hard on our lives to become the best version of ourselves. If you want to change your life, believe that making a positive statement has a big impact on your life.

There are many techniques for changing your life for the better, but with positive statements, you can be sure that you are on the right path to truly change your life for the better. 

Why do affirmations mean so much to us?


Affirmations mean so much to us because we can give ourselves words that we rarely hear. We can say words of comfort when we are in trouble, we can give ourselves faith when we need it.

The best way to give yourself confidence is to say affirmations. We have to repeat our sentences for a long time, because they come from new ideas that we want to accept, with statements.
Our subconscious is persistent in repeating the ideas we have about ourselves out of habit, so we have to start thinking differently than before.

New words that we can accept can help us with the persistent repetition of new values ​​that we want to think about ourselves.

If we have a vision of a new version of ourselves that we want to reach this point, we need to start working on words that will convince ourselves of that possibility.

If we want to make our dreams come true, we have to work on it. Over time, our confidence will grow and we will be more and more willing to take certain steps to achieve our goals. We need to have faith in ourselves and persistently confirm that we are already what we want to become.


Follow your dreams

Affirmations serve us now to see ourselves as the people we want to become. If we want to become successful, we need to see ourselves as a successful person at the moment and that is how we behave.

Follow your dreams, have faith in yourself because only you can accomplish what you want to be. No one can do that for you, you are in charge and responsible for your life. 

If we want to be happy we have to be content with ourselves in every sense, in business, private and spiritual.

If you have an idea you want to realize, then it is up to you to make it happen. Take whatever you can to live the life you want to live, because that is the meaning of life. 

Why would you live a life full of sadness when you can live a life full of joy and happiness? You can be happy and content.

How much you believe in affirmations?

It depends on you how much you believe in affirmations will they work for you or not. Do you believe that affirmations will improve your life? As you believe it will be. If you do not believe it, will not work for you, this is true and everything is as we believe it.

This is how our reality is shaped. So let's shape our reality the best we can. Everything aligns with our truth.

It is important to know that you can change your life and that is why you are working on it because you are the master of your destiny. Live the best you can because you have a lot to learn and much to enjoy in life. 

The meaning of life is to live in happiness, love, abundance and wealth. Have everything we want and enjoy material and spiritual well-being.

Every person in the world deserves to have a beautiful life, so don't limit yourself and allow yourself to live the best you can because you deserve it. Every person in the world deserves a beautiful life, and so do you.

Conclusion on the meaning of affirmations:

Positive Affirmations are positive words that shape our lives for the better. These are positive statements that change our beliefs. We can change our beliefs from thinking that we don't deserve to have everything we want, to feel comfortable as people who own a lot and, live a very comfortable life. 

It depends on our point of view how much we allow ourselves to have a comfortable life and the way we are brought up because our attitudes come from our earliest childhood and how we saw parents struggling in life we ​​can conclude that we should live that kind of life.

It is for this reason that affirmations cause us to change the key beliefs that separate us from success and a comfortable life because we can very easily feel guilty if we start earning more than we are used to. We can very easily sabotage our successes because we are not ready to accept them yet.

That is why affirmations are very important because they change our beliefs, change what we think of ourselves and, with that change affect the further decisions we make because they will be in line with our new views about us. When we change our beliefs we simply change with that belief and our decisions change with them.

Also our behavior changes and at the very end our action we take. So, depending on belief, the action we take, and with it, the reality around us, changes.

More post on this blog:
Positive affirmations in the morning to quickly improve your mood
So let's start now with positive affirmations for women.
Weight loss affirmations make you happy with your appearance